On 3 Jan 2001, Jaap-Henk Hoepman wrote:

> Except that eavesdropping on the quantum key distribution channel is _always_
> detected (by `laws of nature'), which is not true for these pressure-monitored
> cables.

It's not true here anymore either. Last year there was at least one group
that demonstrated a mechanism for taking a doublet and making it a
quartet without effecting the entanglement. Check the cypherpunks archive
for the particular post, early this year. I was the one who posted it to
the list.

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      [EMAIL PROTECTED]