On 17/09/13 01:40 AM, Tony Arcieri wrote:
On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Bill Frantz <fra...@pwpconsult.com
<mailto:fra...@pwpconsult.com>> wrote:

    After Rijndael was selected as AES, someone suggested the really
    paranoid should super encrypt with all 5 finalests in the
    competition. Five level super encryption is probably overkill, but
    two or three levels can offer some real advantages.

I wish there was a term for this sort of design in encryption systems
beyond just "defense in depth". AFAICT there is not such a term.

How about the Failsafe Principle? ;)

A good question. In my work, I've generally modelled it such that the entire system still works if one algorithm fails totally. But I don't have a name for that approach.

iang