Peter Fairbrother <zenadsl6...@zen.co.uk> writes:

>If you just want a down-and-dirty 2048-bit FS solution which will work today,
>why not just have the websites sign a new RSA-2048 sub-certificate every day?
>Or every few hours? And delete the secret key, of course.

... and I guess that puts you firmly in the theoretical/impractical camp.
Would you care to explain how this is going to work within the TLS protocol?
It's easy enough to throw out these hypothetical what-if's (gimme ten minutes
and I'll dream up half a dozen more, all of them theoretically OK, none of
them feasible), but they need to actually be deployable in the real world, and
that's what's constraining the current debate.

Peter.