On 2011-07-22 8:22 AM, lodewijk andré de la porte wrote:
There's currently a limited amount of transactions per block, this limit can
be changed. There's certain stuff in place to give bigger transactions,
older transactions and transactions with higher fee's precedence. That
should kill the possibility to truly DoS the network, although it's possible
to get blocks filled all the time, possibly forever. It's also possible to
DoS certain nodes, although the network will not likely suffer from it.
After sifting through all of this stuff the network seems quite inherently
robust. The only thing I worry about is when the amount of transactions
become too great for any single PC to manage, since a large part of the work
is done everywhere. Then all those pc's'll have to sync up, it's a data
nightmare.

Back in the beginning I criticized the scalability of the bitcoin architecture. Much, however, has changed since then. I doubt that those particular criticisms are still applicable.