On 2012-04-05 6:55 PM, Marsh Ray wrote:
> So I point out that one of the most commonly-used VPN protocols is
> completely ineffective and this is the reaction I get? Gee I expected
> more from you guys. :-)
>
> Perhaps I just phrased it wrong. Let me try again:
>
> Hey yall!
> There's this here NSA backdoor still lingering around from the 1990's!
> I guess we know what they wanted that big ole datacenter now for huh?

One of the most commonly-used VPN protocols is completely ineffective. Also, the pope is Catholic, and bears shit in the wood.

When I set up a vpn, what usually happens is that the package offers me two protocols, one that it deprecates as insecure (MS PPTP), and openvpn

The setup info or the web page tells me that MS PPTP has the great advantage that it is built in to Microsoft, and the great disadvantage that it is not secure.

So I think that pretty much everyone has already heard that MS PPTP is insecure. Every time I set up a vpn, I am re-reminded, just in case.