On Dec 24, 2013, at 7:06 PM, Raymond Burkholder <r...@oneunified.net> wrote:
> If this moved to a forum, I'd probably not read it.  I receive messages from
> many different services, and if I had to remember to go online to read
> messages, it wouldn't happen.

So, this might come as a shock to you, but as the first email mentioned, forum
software can be easily configured to reproduce the behavior of a mailing list.

You can subscribe to individual threads, and you can even subscribe to
individual forums.

That means that whenever someone posts a new thread, or a reply to a thread,
you'll get an email about it. If the admins configured the forum to include the
message, you'll get the entire message in that email as well.

> On the other hand, if the forum emailed messages with a 'reply link' as
> messages are posted, that would be an acceptable alternative.

All forums do this by default.

It's possible (via a plugin usually), to even have it setup where you can reply
to the email notification and have your reply appear as a post in the forums.

You'd have all the behavior of this list, plus all the features this list
doesn't have (like editing, or being notified only about the topics that
interest you).

Cheers,
Greg

--
Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with
the NSA.