On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 09:34:57PM -0500, Greg wrote:
> On Dec 24, 2013, at 9:02 PM, StealthMonger <stealthmon...@nym.mixmin.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Greg <g...@kinostudios.com> writes:
> >
> >> Also, do you enjoy not being able to edit your comments?
> >
> > What kind of software do you suppose people are using, that might
> > interfere with editing comments?
> > Also, if you're so big on editing, why don't you edit your own postings?
>
> We seem to be using the word "edit" completely differently.
>
> I can't correct mistakes in an email that was sent.

Yes you can, reply to it and tell everyone what mistakes were in the
first one.

That history can be edited is a serious problem with webforums;
in the bitcoin community people keep talking about removing/changing the
edit functionality on bitcointalk.org to give cryptographic and
timestamped proof of what edits were made and by whome. It's been hacked
a few times now and there's doubt if the archives on the site are
accurate.

Mailing lists are much less succeptable to that problem, and fixing it
is much easier and can be done without anyone's permission - a good
thing.

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
00000000000000026c4c027b8c680e2ff000b6b70bb10f70771b9a05868c613e