From: cryptography [mailto:cryptography-boun...@randombit.net] On Behalf
Of Peter Todd
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2014 4:05 PM
To: coderman
Cc: cpunks; Discussion of cryptography and related
Subject: Re: [cryptography] pie in sky suites - long lived public key
pairs for persistent identity

On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 11:42:47AM -0800, coderman wrote:
> use case is long term (decade+) identity rather than privacy or
> session authorization.
>
> eternity key signs working keys tuned for speed with limited secret
> life span (month+).  working keys are used for secret exchange and any
> other temporal purpose.
>
> you may use any algorithms desired; what do you pick?
>

> Curve3617+NTRU eternity key
> Curve25519 working keys
> ChaCha20+Poly1305-AES for sym./mac

Why can we only pick one?

In the context of stuff like email the overhead of n-of-m multisignature
isn't a big deal. Heck, even in the context of Bitcoin where transactions
have a cost per KB in the order of $0.10 to $1 n-of-m multisignature is
catching on as a way to protect funds from theft.

Why should digital signatures be any different?

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
000000000000000251d8c6bb4f73d2f68e359fe143dfd3645374a4d26d09388c