On Wed, 7 Jan 2015, realcr wrote:

> I am looking for some crypto primitive to solve a problem I have.

[...]

Fascinating...  If it helps, I know a couple of musos who are in that
position, and also have a geeky bent, so I'll pass along anything that
they may have to say.

Deep Purple would have some difficulty, of course (I think Jon Lord was
the last founding member, and he left), but Led Zeppelin would have no
problem (when Bonzo dropped out, so did they, but Jason -- his son -- has
done a gig or two since then).

I guess, if it is really a band application as opposed to something more
abstract, it boils down to what you mean by "descendants".  At least one
founding member left?  Are the offspring of same OK?  Some musos can be
really purist about this.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)