On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 6:38 PM, John Young <j...@pipeline.com> wrote:
> Varoufakis claims had approval to plan parallel banking system for Greece
>
> http://www.ekathimerini.com/199945/article/ekathimerini/news/varoufakis-claims-had-approval-to-plan-parallel-banking-system
>
> Allegedly aided by Columbia University IT professor  to design a hack of
> existing taxation systems.
>
> Columbia Computer Science Faculty
>
> http://www.cs.columbia.edu/people/faculty

Forgive my ignorance...

Is this one of Greenspan's disciples? Maybe one of Summer's friends.
(US Academia seems to publish whatever the US Financial sector wants
them to publish, regardless of how wrong it is. There are still
economists who swear by the experiment in Iceland, and how well
derivatives temper the US markets...).

I thought one of the cruelest joke on the Soviet Union's collapse was
the US sending economist to help the new Federation with their
economies back in the 1980s... That was around the time of the S&L
bailouts (and we were told that would never happen again...). And
Greenspan audited Keating's holdings, and extolled how healthy his
banks were....

Jeff