Summarizing, John Young says crypto has served bad motives and is engaged
commerce for money. Since crypto can be sold to governments (those who don’t
employ the majority of top mathematicians, I assume), it is oppressive and some
people make money selling it.

I doubt there is a prison, spy headquarters, or torture chamber in the world
that did not begin with the pencil of an architect. For money. What shall we do
about architects?

I think it may have been Phil Zimmermann who pointed out that the most
elaborate and expensive of homes spend only a pittance on the door locks. If
crypto is the path to commercial riches, it would come as a surprise to the
capitalists on Sand Hill Road.

Ed Stone