2011/4/8 Tomasz Wesołowski <kosa...@gmail.com>

> Hello, everyone!
>
> Please let me introduce myself:
> My name is Tomasz Wesołowski and I'm a fourth-year computer science student
> from Poland. I'm on master-level studies right now; for my first-level
> (engineer's) degree, which I have completed this year, I've designed
> developed an OpenVG-based 2D visualisation framework.
> You might happen to know me from
> StackOverflow<http://stackoverflow.com/users/399317/kos>
> .
>
> Last year I've attended GSoC 2010 at Eclipse CDT, where I've extended the
> C/C++ editor and refactoring. However, I'm also a game development
> enthusiast, so for this year I decided to take a more gamedev-oriented
> approach and apply to Crystal Space.
>
> It happens that I'm proficient in C++ and I have some practice with OpenGL
> (up to 3.3), so one of project proposals from your Ideas page caught my
> attention instantly - namely introducing support for the GLSL shading
> language.
>
> I must admit that I haven't worked with Crystal Space before. Nevertheless,
> it's not my first time diving into a new codebase and I'd use the community
> bonding period to get to know both the team behind CS3D (you! :)), and the
> codebase itself.
>
> If you want to know anything more about me, please ask! :) I hope that I
> can be accepted and we'll spend some great time working together on Crystal
> Space.
>
> Best regards,
> -- Tomasz

Hi Tomasz, welcome :-)

  I think you'll have to hurry up to submit your proposal in GSoC Melange
system,
because the dead line is today, not sure which time exactly...
Once it's submitted it's still possible to update it and react to reviewer
comments.
There are a few candidates for GLSL support idea, you might want to check
these threads to get
a better idea of what's expected in a good proposal :
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.crystalspace.devel/3232
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.crystalspace.devel/3229
and this page might help to get a good first glance at CS shader
system/terminology :
http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/YoFrankieTutorials/crystal_space_development/shaders_intro/shaders_intro.html