Hello,
I've noticed a lot of MOBA games like League of Legends doing well.  However,
no I know has made 3d melee style MOBA.  The idea would be that the map is set
up like DOTA or LOL with towers and minions.  But you played the game from a
third person point of view like Zelda3d or God of War.

The game I have(Crystal Fighter) is like Open World Tekken now.  I'm wondering
if I made a single level, finished out the other fighters, created some items
and made it like a MOBA, if that would be fun?

The general idea is that a MOBA takes a lot less work than a MMORPG for map
creation/quests/items/etc.  At the same time, a MOBA might be more fun than
simply making 1v1 or team melee.

One reason I'm not working on my game is that I don't think it could be a whole
lot of fun to mimic Street Fighter Online.  Street Fighter has much better
graphics than me.  When I first started coding this game, there was no online
combat games so I could have had market back then, but not now.

Another reason I'm not working on my game is that I think for one man to solo a
MMORPG is too much work.  There's just not enough time in the day for me to
create all the 3d models and art considering my skill set isn't art.  Sure you
guys helped me find free art, but it will take me some time before I can put it
all in still.

So MOBA style Tekken solves the work part.  MOBA is less work than MMORPG.  I
think I could honestly see myself finish a MOBA in like 2 years.  Once it is
finished, I have special code to allow up to 5000 players at once.  So I could
scale from 5v5 MOBA even higher limited only by the number of players who want
to play my game.  So I'd scale it to 10v10 and 20v20, etc etc.  I'd have
players who do well in MOBA score rewards they store on their character that
can unlock prizes when I finally make a MMORPG(This is an idea I had with the
1v1 and team based fighter mode prior).   Because if I can make some money on
the MOBA, I can make a MMORPG next, as well as keep making more fighters and
items.

I just came up with this idea now, but I was so excited I wanted to share.  Do
you think God of War meets League of Legends would be a fun game to play?
Another way to look at it: Tekken meets League of Legends.

I need to analyze this idea further, and see if it is worth committing 2 years
of my time to completing it.

,Jim