On Tue, 2014-03-04 at 14:46 +0100, Jorrit Tyberghein wrote:

>         > The blender2crystal export is doing pretty good. On 3dsMax
>         I'm not sure
>         > what the current status is.
>         >
>         > Christian and Sueastside can probably tell more about
>         blender2crystal
>         > though. Are you thinking of helping with that for GSoC
>         perhaps?

Yes, the support for Blender is quite good using the b2cs export script.

I'm not used to the 3DSMax to CS export script but it used to work quite
well for both static scenes and skeleton animated meshes.

Otherwise, there is also the Assimp plugin within CS that allows to load
meshes and scenes without the need to export them. It supports also
skeleton animated meshes and features quite a range of supported formats
(see http://assimp.sourceforge.net/main_features_formats.html). There is
also the FBX format that is supported by the Assimp trunk and that does
not appear in the aforementioned list.

See also the manual pages for more information on that topic:
http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual/Working-with-Engine-Content.html