All linux servers have had constant performance issues since the last
update and are not limited to any specific size server, mods or map
configuration. The spikes also occur often on 128 tick servers which have
10 players connected without being full or having players attempting to
connect. These servers are using about 1/3rd of a physical CPU core and at
times the spiking is extremely bad causing major disruptions to gameplay.

This is a major issue for all competitive matches and needs to be
investigated and solved by Valve as soon as possible.