> It would require another malicious script to parse the exif tag and eval some
> PHP.

It would require another, poorly written script that handles the data in a poor
and unsafe way.

ftfy ;)

He also - on multiple occasions - reminded us that this is a „old style of
hacking“ and indeed, if you learned programming seriously in the last decade
you should know that you don’t trust untrusted data, ever.
By his logic a .txt is completely unsecure (given that you eval() it in your
shitty PHP code).