Uli,

> 1. The negative only appears in the back of the images and not over the
> hole width.

This seems to be correct, did you change something? (Firefox 1.03 on
Win XP)

> 2. I would like the images centered under the big photo if there are
> less than the width.

Put it in another div with width: 100% and padding left as wide as
your navigation column. For IE add text-align: center. Add a margin: 0
auto to .thumbs.

> 3. If the overflow at "Westen" is active, there's no space at the
> bottom. At "Osten" with inactive overflow, there's space at the bottom I
> don't want.

I can't see that.

Some more advices:

Why do you close the image-Tags like </img>. AFAIK some browsers do have
serious problems with this notation.

The css file isn't XML so get rid of all the comments. You also have
to use /* */ to comment out the borders and margins, // won't work.

If you validate your page, you'll notice some errors that you should
fix:

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//icculus.org/%7Efzzgrr/

You claim that the content-type is "application/xhtml+xml;
charset=ISO-8859-15", but you serve the document as text/html. I would
change the meta-data to text/html, but you could also consider to
change the server config to serve the document as
application/xhtml+xml. Be aware that the latter will cause problems in
older browsers.

Nice fotos, but in terms of usability you should consider to replace
the dead links and add a small message when loading the next image. I
felt a bit irritated, when hovering/clicking the images and nothing
happened.

regards,

  Martin