Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:

> Felix Miata wrote:

> > Uwe Kaiser wrote:

> >> My grandma is using MSIE6/PC. And if she wants to increase the
> >> font-size a developer has set on 8pt, than she do it, in oposition
> >>  with this developer she knows how.

> > I'd like to know how. No IE I've ever used can do it. Try on this
> > page, according to its instructions:
> > http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/IE/line-heightIEpt.html

> > Have you given her a bunch of user stylesheets to do it with?

> Felix, have you completely forgotten about "ignore font size..." in

Surely you jest. Take another read of the first sentence on that URL.

> IE/win. No user-stylesheets needed for that. Even my old IE4 can do it.

> Sure some designers mess it up with pixel-defined line-heights, but it
> is working.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. A lot of authors mess things up with fixed
line-heights, and even more mess it up using em for line-height.

> A nice little stylesheet (or ten) will of course work even
> better.

Maybe, maybe not. If all authors were undersizing via the Owen Briggs
method <http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/typography/>, then
users could override with a single simple user stylesheet rule. More
often, rather complicated stylesheet(s) is/are required, because pages
are using an extensive array of classes and ids instead.
--
"Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made
that has been made."                                John 1:3 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/