On 5/26/05, Luca Balboni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> I was thinking not to use <hr/> as a divider because I am using an
> image as a background and for what I know IE and Opera show a border
> around the image. Is this correct?
> Is anyone aware of any workaround?
> Thanks,
> Luca

You can kill the borders on images using CSS:

img { border-width:0 }

Even better than using an HR - which is not strictly structural markup
- perhaps you can add a bottom border to the DIV or P which precedes
it; eg:

p.last { padding-bottom:24px; border-bottom:8px solid black; }
nisl, placerat ut, semper dictum, facilisis sed, purus. Praesent sit
amet sem id tellus consequat molestie. Class aptent taciti
sociosqu.</p>
elit. Sed odio nisl, placerat ut, semper dictum, facilisis sed, purus.
Praesent sit amet sem id tellus consequat molestie. Class aptent
taciti sociosqu.</p>
nisl, placerat ut, semper dictum, facilisis sed, purus. Praesent sit
amet sem id tellus consequat molestie. Class aptent taciti
sociosqu.</p>

You can do this kind of thing even though you're using an image for
your divider:

p.last { padding-bottom:24px; background-image:url(dividerpic.jpg);
background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; }

Chris