shawn a wrote:
Website: http://detriment.iprx.com/

This is a site for a WoW clan so its graffic intensive and best viewed
at 1024 by 768 and up.
I know im using alot of tables but i see no other practical way to get
all those images to line up.

Any how on to my question. Im creating news posts(by quering at mysql
DB) that are formated pretty heavily with images and such to construct
a pretty box =). If u check it out in FF and Netscape 7.2  i looks
good. The only problem im having with FF and NN is that the .newsBody
and .dateANDtime seem to run onto the left and right borders, no
matter how aggressive i make the padding.

Now if u check this page out in IE 6 and Opera it gets a little scary.
Looks like someone blew   up my pretty box !!!

The pages validates xhtml trans, but the css does not. I get a weird
error. have a look:

XHTML: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdetriment.iprx.com
CSS:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdetriment.iprx.com

any suggestions would be great. Thanks agian!!

~shawn a

Hi Shawn,
The idea is that the global table.layout td setting do not allow further to specify any other margin or padding inside. I suggest you to set margin:0 only at "table.layout td" and work with padding further inside the content.

By the way, your site structure is easy and could be done in clean xhtml and css with no tables :) Additional divs would be required to make the white borders, but the rest is relatively easy :)

Best regards and have a nice day!
Kaspars