Any self-respecting Mac user that bought a Mac in the early iBook or iMac days is probably using IE Mac. I personally know three of them. They don't have enough money to upgrade to a Mac that runs X and they don't know that there is anything so awful about IE Mac. They will just know that your page doesn't work.

-Christy

First, I would drop my concern over how it looks in Mac/IE. I just recently trashed my copy of this worthless piece of cyber-trash. I will no longer design taking Mac/IE into account, based on two reasons. First because it is used by less than 1% of the viewing public and secondly because no self-respecting Mac-user would be using it as their primary browser. As to the rest of your problem, I am sure that someone will come along who will give you insight into this universal problem: how to deal with that other piece of crap, Windows/IE.