At 2:27 PM -0700 6/15/05, Jeff Cortez wrote:

Anyways, I had a quick question to pose to people:  Has anyone had any
experience with an open source content management system and implemented
standards compliant code along with it?  Looking for
comments/suggestions/rants/raves...

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to call this thread to a close for being off-topic. Yes, it's true that choosing a standards-friendly CMS has bearing on CSS authoring... but so does writing standards-friendly PHP code, JavaScript, .Net code, etc. etc. If we walk down that road, traffic could quite easily double. We can't cover everything standards-related here; there simply isn't room. A great place to ask your question would be Webdesign-L. There's also evolt's thelist, and I'm sure there must be other venues where CMS discussions are on topic. For a short list of forums, see http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=OffTopic. On the topic of CMS software, see the page others in the thread have brought up: http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=CssFriendlyCms.
   Thanks, and sorry to have to end the thread.

--
Eric A. Meyer (http://meyerweb.com/eric/), List Chaperone
"CSS is much too interesting and elegant to be not taken seriously."