Maren Child wrote:
I have fixed the problem I had with disappearing content (thanks Ingo) but after several more versions still can't get the green border under the 'topnavbar' div to stretch so it goes across to just
 before the logo.

Think you've got it the wrong way around. The green border should start
at the logo, and stretch to the left. The rest is just adjustments to
make it look right.

The following is based on this page:
http://www.biotext.com.au/test0205/columns_25.html

#topnavbar {position: absolute;
            top: 177px;
            right: 130px;
            height: 48px;
            background-image: url("bar00004.gif");
            background-repeat: repeat-x;
            background-position: right bottom;
            width: 100%;
            z-index: 1;
}
#whitebg {  float: left;
            width: 160px;
            height: 48px;
            background-color: #fff;
}

...and a proper doctype that the browsers will honor. I used:
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>

Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE6 and IE/Mac seems to be happy with it -
regardless of page-width above 600px.

regards
        Georg
--