Travis Nep Smith wrote:
http://www.hopstudios.com/nep/rightside_error.htm

I thought I could just make a box with side borders and no top border, create an image that was 2 px wider than the box, and use a -2px negative left margin on the image to yank it out, over the left border.
but when the image is wider than the box, IE will let the box expand to fit the img, as discussed today in the thread by Roberto Gorjão.
so the image is 182px, the box has 182px+border.

Give the border another color, say blue, to see the different starting point of IE vs the Fx. (without neg margin).

Then the position relative takes effect and the image is offset 2px to the left. So the right boundary of the image leaves a 2px space to the border.

Ingo

http://www.satzansatz.de/css.html