On 8/7/05, Roger Roelofs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 "The quality issues you've observed are the downside of this technique,
although the quality on your test page was better than I expected when I
looked at it in firefox. [...] Preparing multiple images is so much work
I've never pursued this idea."
 I agree, Roger. In fact, I should also mention that a curved image isn't
exactly a fair test.
 I was thinking of using the em method for some image font headers, but they
look particularly bad, even without resizing. They are large enough that
they look okay in conjunction with text that has been resized within
reasonable bounds (IE's large/small settings, for example).
 FF and Netscape users can resize text to much larger/smaller proportions
using Cntrl+ + or - keystrokes, but that begs the question: "Just how much
resizing should we cater to when working with ems?" I think I'm going to
stick with my absolutely-sized image font headers and hope that those users
with indefinite resizing capabilities will apply them judiciously.
 Thanks,
Janie