I put together the page
http://apmaldi.com/Poster/1-ASMS05-Poster-VB/1-ASMS05-Poster-VB.htm.  I wanted
the color gradation at the top and bottom, and placed the one at the top with a
background in the body.  To place one at the bottom I inserted a 300px height
the background.  The code is:

#BelowContainer {
  background-image:  url("BottomBackground.jpg"); background-repeat: repeat-x;
  margin-top: -300px; padding: 0; height: 300px;
}

.Main {
  color: #000; background-color: #fff; border: 1px solid #000;
  padding: 5px 15px; margin: 1em; position: relative; z-index: 1;
}

This works just fine.

The reason for my query is that if I add "position: relative; z-index: -1;" to
the id #BelowContainer, then Firefox does not display the image at all (adding
the code "position: relative; z-index: 0;" works just fine).

I am accustomed to IE having problems, but shouldn't this work just fine?  Does
Firefox have a problem with negative z-index values or am I not understanding
something?

Cheers -

george

Handmade Photographic Images - http://www.GLSmyth.com