How can I get the copyright, footer nav and design to align in one
 line in the box at the bottom. It should fit - unless the text is
 resized.

To accomplish this, I floated the .copyright and .footnav to the left
and .design to the right (I also had to float the container, #footer
to the left).
I set .footnav to a width of 30% and .copyright to (100%-30%)/2=35%.
Finally, I removed the left and right borders from the footer as to
not add two pixels to the width (causing a horizontal scrolls).

Thanks that works. I can live w/o the border on the sides though i h=gave a little more to the nav to prevent wrapping in small windows. I have read the Float page at position is everything twice now but I still am struggling with it. I appreciate the help.

Moira
--
Moira Ashleigh. M.A.
Lead Designer