This is a bit off topic for a CSS forum.

I picked one of your images, the Californian Poppy,
and opened it in Photoshop. On the site it's 29896 bytes.
If I save it for web and chose medium quality (30) that
comes down to 5057 bytes. IMHO quality 30 is virtually
indistinguishable from the original on an image of
this size.

Similarly the picture "The Bernina Artista 200e aka
The Bernina 200 Sewing and Embroidery System"
Comes down from 43073 bytes to 9667 at quality 30
(and 6024 at quality 7, where the reduction is
beginning to show).

Regards,

Peter.