Steve Clay wrote:

Friday, September 16, 2005, 12:27:31 PM, Rick Faircloth wrote:

in today's broadband world...

Ask me when my roommates are using Soulseek!  Things can get /much/ slower
than dial-up.

In today's broadband world here, any local broadband network cell that is full gets speed of 3-10KB/sec speeds, so conserving bandwidth is still important even this broadband world.

ALSO, your website pays for its bandwidth, one way or another. So if your site serves up larger pages, your costs are larger. Costs means either you pay more for the bandwidth used, or you pay because your site stops being accessible when the hosting service cuts it off until the next chunk of your bandwidth allocation kicks in ...

--
David
[EMAIL PROTECTED]