What they *might* be asking is -> A designer wants to format text boxes
to be the same horizontal size even though their inputs are set at
different maximums.  For example, a phone number field takes 11 digits,
give or take, and a name field takes 30 let's say, but the designer
might want them both to be the same visual size to make the form
prettier.

This is a complete guess, so ignore it if it's completely irrelevant.
:)