Hi all,

On my personal site - http://jayloden.com - I've got an image banner across
the top. My problem is pretty simple; I want to avoid having a fixed width
design (i.e. setting the page max-width to the width of the banner image),
but still keep an attractive layout.

At the moment, what I'm doing is simply centering the banner image, so that if
you have a browser window wider than a fullscreen 1024x768, it just expands
to the full width with the banner image centered across the top. On the plus
side, I avoid annoying people like myself that run on high resolution
displays, but I really don't like the way it looks (solid background colors
on either side of the image).

The image I'm using isn't particulary easy to repeat or stretch, either. I was
hoping someone on the list would have some insight into how I can make my
site banner more attractive on a large display (it's fine on anything 1024
and below) without having to resort to a fixed width. I'm open to all sorts
of suggestions, so suggest away!

Thanks in advance for all thoughts/opinions/suggestions :)

-Jay