Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
Working on an internal project that runs on an old Epicentric portal installation. The pages have no DTD (and I cannot get one inserted - long story), so in IE6 the pages load in quirks mode.

No DTD means it's quirks mode in _every_ browser on earth.

I've got a vertical UL styled using the tantek hack,...

The voice-family hack is extremely unreliable, and should not be used.
---

If compensation between quirks modes in IE/win and Netscape(fall back
for Mozzy), then a '* html' hack will do the trick, like so:

#svmp_vert ul a {/*other rules*/; width: 156px;}
* html #svmp_vert ul a {width: 140px;}

Write complete styles to begin with, and compensate for IE/win (and also
IE/Mac I'm afraid).

This will work as long as there _is_ a 'quirks mode' in IE/win (forever,
I guess), regardless of version. The '* html' hack will not work in IE7+
'standard compliant' mode.

regards
        Georg
--