On 11/5/05, Spike Spencer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Are there any plans to include some kind of css property that allows
> you to extend two block elements in line with each other, as you can
> with tables? I know about the workarounds that exist, it'd just be
> great to be able to do it off the cuff. Not sure if it breaks the
> visual formatting model or not, but is something like
>
> #leftdiv {
> attach: right;
> }
>
> #rightdiv {
> attach: right
> }
>
> In the pipeline? Just curious :)
>
> Cheers.

Not in the pipeline, already done:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_display.asp

It's called display:table; and display:table-cell;

But implementation is not very common among browsers. I'm pretty sure
it will be a while before we can use it safely.

C Montoya
rdpdesign.com ... liquid.rdpdesign.com ... montoya.rdpdesign.com