Hey all,

    I had to think about this for quite a while before making this
decision, but the whole "hack ASP to make CSS work nicely" thread
seems like it's drifted over the off-topic line.  In the same way
that threads about how to hack PHP or some other language to produce
markup that's CSS-amenable, hacking ASP.NET isn't really about
practical CSS usage.
    Or perhaps it's more accurate to say that while it could be
considered so, that would only be true for those using ASP.NET, which
is a small fraction of the list.  (As is the case for those writing
PHP or any other language besides HTML/XTHML.)
    So those interested should probably contact the thread's
principals offlist, or set up a ASP.NET+standards mailing list.  I'd
be happy to announce such a list's creation here, should it happen.
    Thanks for everyone's patience and understanding.

--
Eric A. Meyer (http://meyerweb.com/eric/), List Chaperone
"CSS is much too interesting and elegant to be not taken seriously."