I'm working on a Web app for a client, and have a sort of
interdependent collection of IE bugs. I think I have a workaround for
the worst two, but the whole thing is weird enough that I thought I'd
find out if anyone had experience with these. (I'd love to post a
link but of course the site is confidential.) Everything works fine
in Firefox and Safari. The app only needs to support the latest
Safari, Firefox 1+, and IE6.

Bug #1: The main content area of the site is enclosed in a div whose
background image repeats horizontally across the top. The div itself
begins 169px from the left edge of the page, as (naturally) should
its background image. However, when there is a form nested somewhere
inside the div its background (image or color) is drawn from the left
edge of the page instead of the left edge of the div. I can work
around this by absolute- or relative- positioning the div so its left
edge is specified with "left" instead of the margin.

Bug #2: Same div or one of its sub-divs. Again this only appears when
there's a form inside the div...suddenly IE adds about 15-20px of
unwanted padding between the top of the div and the top of its
content. I have been unable to find any workaround (other than a very
specific browser branch).

Bug #3: Same div. If I static- or relative-position it, everything's
fine. But if I absolute-position it and its content is longer than
the window, either the page doesn't scroll at all or the page scrolls
but fails to scroll far enough to show all the elements in it.

Thanks,
--Dave