> > > Is it possible to make css behave like tables??
> >
> > What, make it hard to maintain, heavy weight and unpredictable in
> > modern browsers?
>
> What is so hard to maintain, heavy weight, or unpredictable
> in display: table-row and display: table-cell ?
>
> The most important part is also predictable: Internet Explorer does
> not support it.

I never used either of them, mainly because of the non-support of MSIE.

However, the two selectors you mentioned do not expect a table, and
the all the points I mentioned are connected to layouts done with
tables in the markup.

The beauty of CSS is that it allows you to create layouts that become
multi column when there is enough space and stay in one when there is
not enough space. This is the edge CSS designers have.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com