Christian Montoya wrote:
> On 11/28/05, Michel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Quoted from Christian Montoya:
>>
>>>but considering that few users ever resize their text (as in nobody),
>>>most visitors would never even notice the difference.
>>
>>I agree with you when regular crt displays are used, but things will
>>change. People buy tft screens, with native 1280x1024 resolutions.
>>Running in a lower resolution gives a distorted image so a lot will
>>keep it at 1280.
>
> I'm curious about this... I figured most users would decrease their
> resolution rather than increase their text size... is there any more
> input on this?

As my eyes have gotten older, I've generally left my resolution the same
(1280x1024, 1280x800 on my laptop) or increased it (1440x1152 at the
office) and INCREASED my text sizes (not just for the browser). The
higher resolutions give better rendering of details, such as serifs on
text, and the larger text sizes keep it readable. I do this because when
I'm working on things, I like to have as much on the screen as I can
get, and lowering the resolution decreases the amount of information I
can put there.

--
David
[EMAIL PROTECTED]