On 08/12/05, Reynier Perez Mira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well I have a web page in this address http://www.jovenclub.cu/grm/ for now.
> I need to build an alternative for JavaScript Menu System positioned in
> Bottom Right at page. Move the mouse over the images "Servicios" and
> "Directorio" and see them. It's posible to do something like this using
> CSS??

Well, yes and no. Its possible, but it won't work in IE. This sort of
behaviour is better handled with JavaScript anyway - which lets you
add essential usability features (such as the menu not vanishing if
the user can't move the pointing device with a high degree of
precision and thus sliding slighty outside the menu which moving to
the top item, or adding keyboard support so that users who don't (or
can't) use a pointing device at all can use the page).

Another option is to not have a popout menu at all. There are so few
options there that you might as well display them all at once. If
there were a significant number, then a gateway page for each section
is likely to be in order.

As an aside, I noticed that it took about 480k of data transfer to
build that page, which took ages, even over broadband. As a general
rule 50k is the maximum (and even that is an outside, I generally aim
for 30k or less - which you exceeded by a factor of 16!).

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>