Hi Larry

Larry Winfrey wrote:
> I am definitely trying to get the bugs out
> of the css. [...] and wanted another set of eyes
> looking at this.

I may be wrong, but I think you would have got more answers than mine if
you had made that clearer in your opening post, it looked a lot like
trying to help somebody restyle a CMS ;-)

[on the huge and numberous style sheets]

> Once I get all the bugs worked out of the css I am going to get rid of a
> ton of the rules.  Just want to make sure things are working before I do
> that.

I am afraid that it's a dangerous approach, you will have a hard time
deciding what covers which effects in those style sheets as far as I can
see, but perhaps you have seen a pattern that I cannot spot with my
brief look through...

> Thanks for the clue though.  I will look at menu sheet and see what I
> can find.

When I looked in, it seemed that you have to look for the class
"xar-menu-item", the menu items, and the hover-effekts on <li> and other
link-containers.

> Just didn't have time to go through all the
> archives searching by each month.  If there is a better way to search
> the archives I would love to hear it.

The second best is to use Google, see
<http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=SearchCssDiscussList> for in-depth
explanation.

I have taken down the archive files from before I got here, and put them
in a folder together with my list mails, that way I can text-search the
complete archives. It's a time-consuming way the first time, though, as
the archives are actually not g-zipped as indicated, but raw text.

Apart from that, I always try the wiki first, but I don't find anything
there on "jump hover" or "flicker hover" which I think is the main
approaches.

Best regards

Jesper Brunholm