Please forgive me if I am asking a sophomoric or oft-asked query.  I am new
to the list, and did browse the archives, but I believe what I am seeing has
some sort of nickname that I do not yet know.

What is going on in this page?
http://www.tfelice.com/variety/index.html

Viewed in Firefox, all is as I would expect.

Viewed in IE 6.0.28 much of the backgrounds are 'missing'.  I can take
another application window, and 'wipe' it over the top of the IE layout, and
expose portions of the background.

Is this what is referred to as the 'peekaboo bug'?  The definitions of the
bug I have seen refer more to floats, afaict.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

I would be very interested in hearing what causes this, and possible
workarounds.

Thanks,
Tony