greetings and happy new year!

i'm wondering if a seasoned css developer can tell me why my attempt to
trick IE into showing my navigation tabs worked for IE, but
unfortunately worked for FF & Moz. as well?
http://www.littlered.com/beta/

for the top navigation tabs, i tried to do an IE hack -- but the left
position shows up in FF & Mozilla as well. clearly i'm not understanding
the problem correctly. does the 'hack' only work on width? also, IE puts
one pixel between the border bottom and the buttons. ruining my
thoughtfully planned layout, lol.

#divNav {
       text-align:center;
       margin:0 10px 0 10px;
       padding: 0;
       height: 25px;
       width: 708px;
       border-bottom:#656034 solid 1px;
       }

   #nav {
       position: relative;
       top: 0px;
       left:310px;
       height: 25px;
       width: 400px;
       margin:0;
       padding:0;
       voice-family: "\"}\""; voice-family:inherit;
       left:180px;
       }

and for my second issue du jour, why does IE basically show my footer
(copyright & top border bar) correctly but FF, mozilla doesn't want to
center it? sigh. thank you for any insight.
cheers,
rebecca.