Thanks Georg, for the good feedback.

I've updated my files with most of what you suggested, and they're now
at www.masstaxpros.biz.

Is it bad practice to avoid inline styles?  It seems to be valid.  I'm
guessing you suggest avoiding it for maintenance purposes only?

I'm still wondering how to extend the height of my nav class to the
height of the content, rather than the browser window.  Is this
possible?

- Mike

     >  Sorry, but it doesn't. Opera, Firefox and Safari don't
     >  agree with IE, and not all that well with each other either.
     >
     >  One reason is the errors flagged by the HTML
     >  validator...
     >  <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmwe
bsite.com%2Fvasquez%2F>
...and a few of the CSS errors are also disturbing...
<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmweb
site.com%2Fvasquez%2F&usermedium=all>

Error-recovery is not very reliable or predictable across browser-land,
so start with error-free HTML and CSS.

Advice: use any browser but IE at design-stage. Firefox and/or Opera
will do just fine. Fix things in IE at a later stage.

A few points:
You can't comment out <!--<ul>--> in an unordered list. It's a
dysfunctional construction. Instead, build the lists with ul and li and
trim margins and paddings to your liking - starting at zero on both.

The ul element can take dimensions and borders also, so no need for the
surrounding div.

Avoid use of inline styles for anything but testing. Efficient use of
external stylesheet(s) makes updating and maintenance easier.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no