Michael,

On Jan 11, 2006, at 1:00 PM, Michael Soultanian wrote:

> 2.  Instead of doing stylesheet switching, the other thing
> I was thinking of was putting all my styles in one
> stylesheet and just change the class of an outer tag (i.e.
> body) to something like the following depending on what
> page you're on:

> or
> or
>
> and then I would write styles accordingly:
>
> .about {font:arial;}
> .abouthome .column1{float:left;color:blue;}
> .newsfaculty .column1{float:right;color:red;}
>
> The advantage of method 2 is that everything could be put
> in one stylesheet

It is a personal preference thing.  I prefer option 2 with an ID on
the body element.  I've used section specific stylesheets before, but
in my case it didn't work real well because our developers started
copy and pasting common stuff into multiple sections.  I prefer 1 (or
a few) well commented sheets.  Option 2 can be more efficient for the
client because it caches well and lowers the number of requests the
browser has to make.

Roger,
--
Roger Roelofs