Donna Pfledderer @ Virtual Business Connection wrote:

>I'm not sure how to ask this, but on this page
>
>http://www.1startescape.com/NewSite/gallery_natPlaces.html
>http://www.1startescape.com/NewSite/css/portfolio.css
>
>When the user clicks on the arrow I want the "picture bar" to be replaced
>with new thumbnails.

Hi Donna,
If there aren't thousands of images, the easy way is just to make a kind
of dia-show with "hard links" under the arrows. These can lead to one or
more copied pages with a new strip of  images. Later on you have only to
add a new page if the 6th of 7th new painting is added.
In this way your visitor is not dependent of the use of javascript, and
no inline frames are needed (or: you don't have to find a solution with
a serverside database and a serverside script).

To assure a quick download, you can add a <div> with the css for an
unvisible #preload { margin-left: -9999px; display: none; height: 0; }
of the needed images on the end of each gallery page before. Looking at
a page is then loading, in the background, the images of the next one.

Then I remarked (by accident!) that if JS is supported/on, you can click
on the thumbnails to get the enlargement. You can add in the
"portfolio.css": div.boxPictureBar img {cursor: pointer;}, then the
helping hand is pointing to that.

But in browsers in which javascript is not supported, or not enabled,
you cannot see the enlargements! For that users maybe you can add a
<noscript></noscript> rule which shows the enlargement at css-hovering
over the thumbnails: then everybody is served. ;-)

francky