On 1/18/06, Jonathan Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've seen people use the IE min-width hack, but I'm wondering if it's
> possible to have a percentage width, and a static "min-width":
>
> #Container
> {
>     width: 70%;
>     min-width: 600px;
> }
>
> That way when the user's browser grows the container will grow, but when
> the browser shortens, the container will never get any smaller than 600px.
>
> This obviously works in FF, but I'm not sure if that's possible to do in
> IE. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

have you tried the "expression" ie "property-thing"?  lol.  i don't
even know what to really call it.  these two links will give you a
better idea:

http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/44263

http://www.svendtofte.com/code/max_width_in_ie/

basically what it does it tells ie to use some javascript inside your
css file.  it's not a clean solution, but it works great for me, at
least.  i've found i can't get *too* picky when getting ie to behave.