Don Hinshaw wrote:

> I have a question about this that I haven't seen answered:
> Is there a way to have thumbnails of varying sizes aligned along their
> bottom margins AND have captions that are top-aligned? (esp. noticeable
> when the captions are more than one line).
> Similar to this example using tables:
> http://66.117.159.181/products_buy_posters3.php

I don't think that it will work with completely unknown content, but if
you just have to distinguish portrait and landscape images and none or
some text, you can do a lot if you set min-width and min-height to the
floated (list-)boxes ,give them position relative and play with
position: absolute and margins for the caption.
Not a gallery, images top-aligned but multiple associated text-boxes
<http://casaaxarquia.com/forsale/plot.php> might give you some ideas.

Susanne

--
http://sujag.de - Webentwicklung und -beratung