hey guys
[i hope this question haven't been asked till now, if so- my
apologies.]

I've looked at http://news.google.com page code layout, and I've seen
that the page layout is table based.

the containers are tables, the hidden personalization panels are also
in tables.
most of the page in build using tables. even the pictures are in
cellspacing=5 tables.

why is that?
why haven't they used css layout?
why the pictures are in tables and don't have simple "margin:5px" ?
and i don't speak about the font tags they used...

i assume that google guys used this technique for cross browsers
support.

but still, this brings me to a second question.
after all our researches (and i can speak only for myself), table
structure after all are the stable, consistent and reliable layout
there is.
of course- content will be putted using right HTML- P,H1-6,Divs, but
still- the table layout proves himself as the right solution.

what do you think?