> As you can see it is a bit of a mess! What I would like to do is to
> produce a small photo with a word underneath. The whole to be contained
> within a border and to be the link. Is it possible to do this please
> and if so how?

Here is the right direction ... perhaps.  I note that the menu drops
down in ie6.  I suspect it may be a width issue or something.  I didnt'
bother to look.  Here is my quick play at it:

http://bestfoot.com/temp/temp3.html

Note that I added br tags to all of these little picture/word links.  I
added some embedded css to do what I am doing (changing the background
color on hover and so forth.  Hope that makes sense.  So the answer is
you can do it.