Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:

>Iorhael wrote:
>
>>I just have to prepare a hack now to correct for IE moving the
>>submenus up too high.
>>

>Why hack anything?
>Just give all browsers this little corrections - or something close to
>this value...
>
>#menu ul ul {top: 1em;}
>
>...and those submenus should land pretty nicely. Some background
>wouldn't hurt either, I think.

(Some later ...)
In the meantime: IE-submenus are working! :-)
I notice that hovering over the submenu-items in IE is rather critical:
not the whole submenu-'button' is hoverable/clickable, only the links
(words) itself. Just mousing aside that (but still inside the submenu),
and in IE the submenu is flashed away.
Maybe you can try to give the submenu-li's some IE-layout:
    #menu li ul li a { width: 100%; }
so that IE can use the {display: block;} which is already in the code.
See screenshot
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/images/voicebox-screen.gif>.

Greetings,
francky

btw-1: Perhaps you can give the '#menu li ul li a' the padding instead
of the '#menu li ul li', then the (yellow) clickable area can be greater.
btw-2: Some visitors will not have turned off the silly IE image toolbar
(clientside, via the IE-options). You know it can be turned off
serverside too, with a line in the head of the html? (see screenshot).