Oh thanks so much - that did it - I had tried some of those things in
isolation with no luck.
Now there's one last thing.  Safari doesn't like it.  It didn't like
it before either, so this fix didn't break it.  We have a heap of
Safari users.

There's also a little thing where the position is slightly higher in
IE than Firefox.  I can probably affect this with a conditional
comment, but if anyone has another solution I'd love to hear it.

http://ee.berkshireradio.org/index.php/main/test/

-Christy